Savvy brand ambassadors have the advantage over other job seekers because they understand their organizations and can speak to their value within any setting whether it’s professional or personal. This ability to articulate messaging within various contexts makes brand ambassadors valuable and highly sought after resources. Consider the middle manager seeking a new position. If this manager can speak to the organization’s benefits they most likely understand the organization’s position within the marketplace and its’ competitors and their strengths. Gaining this understanding likely involved discovering the organization’s weaknesses as well as their plans to improve them. Using this understanding a job seeker can apply the same learning techniques to their job search by:
• Understanding their strengths and weaknesses
• Taking action to improve weaknesses
• Understanding the competition
• Being prepared to speak about developmental actions in a proactive manner
• Developing talking points that highlight strengths
Photo by Thomas Hawk, available under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial license.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.